Wednesday, April 09, 2008

Does it come to an end?

Finally, we finished our FINAL final EOS8 exam today. Yesterday paper was a 2-hour wrriten paper on Clinical Pharmacy IV, I did questions 1 (pharmaceutical care plan, compulsory question) and question 3 (therapeutic drug monitoring (TDM) on vancomycin). TDM is my weak part. You might ask why I did not choose to do question 2 (drugs use in endocarditis, unstable angina, COPD and rheumatoid arthritis)… Simply because I was running out of time after I spent 75 minutes on question 1, I guess I will need another 60 to 90 minutes if I were to do question 2. At last, I decided to do question 3 as I thought I could finish all the calculation in 45 minutes. At the end, I could finish (at very last minute) but I wondered if my answer was correct as I did not have enough time to double-check. Just hope I can pass that paper.

Today paper was OSCE (objective structured clinical examination). Well, there were simulated doctors or patients in 7 of the 15 stations and we were required to complete the tasks given which were (1) responding to symptoms, (2) drug history taking, (3) counseling on effective use of device, (4) therapeutic drug monitoring, (5) counseling on effective use of medications, (6) prescription screening and (7) drug information queries. The rest of the stations were preparatory or rest stations. In general, I think I did much better than the previous mock OSCE’s, where “it was totally a nightmare” (quoted from Ms. July). Hope I can pass that paper as well.

After exam, IMU gang and I decided to go One-Utama for lunch and movie after a long discussion. We dined in at Dragon-I, the food was not bad but we felt cheated as they charged us on the tidbits and soft towelettes (which we were not using at all). And it was not cheap!

Dragon-I Restaurant.

Siew-Long Pau.

We watched Nim’s Island after lunch… Darn! The movie was so damn bored and 4 (out of 5) of us fall asleep while watching that movie. A “BIG THANK” to LG for his interesting version of the synopsis. I would rate the movie 2.5/10.


As usual, we lepak here and there before headed home. And our hot topics of the day were “Do you think I can pass the exam?”, “Which state should we apply for the government service?”, “How to get the hospitals that we wanted?” and some guys’ talk.

Does it come to an end? For B.Pharm (Hons), I would say YES and we all will graduate soon. But for our friendship, it is a BIG NO-NO…

So I say a little prayer and GOD… please let us pass!

* WE ALL WILL PASS!!! *

exposed to radiation @ 11:49 PM
0 words of wisdom...

- me -

  • [ a not-so-ordinary guy ] [ pharmacy graduate... going to be a working adult ] [ TYPICAL scorpion... find out yourself! ] kuala lumpur...my hometown
  • blogger.com facebook friendster more?

notices

  • (i) rotting at home and wonder when will the offer letter comes...
  • (ii) addicted to PS2!
  • (iii) try to get over someone.

leave a message

previous posts

archives